The Project Engineer will be responsible for overseeing multiple projects concurrently including larger multi-faceted projects from conception through to completion; ensuring that the project meets the requirements and expectations of the customer. The Project Engineer is fully accountable for the successful delivery of the project.
- Demonstrate health and safety leadership to ensure that health and safety is prioritised throughout all project activities
- Directly manage all aspects of the project lifecycle from initial opportunity creation through to customer acceptance.
- Rigorously manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed time, cost and quality parameters
- Ensure accurate financial forecasting and provide ongoing reconciliation of resources and other project related expenditures using the Vinci Energies Quartz methodology
- Lead, motivate and coordinate the project delivery team and escalate any unresolved performance issues
- Ensure that all operational activities are carried out in compliance with internal procedure and external legislation governing business operations
- Identify and manage new business opportunities and work in conjunction with business development to participate in bid activity as required
- Act as main communication conduit with the customer and internal stakeholders
- Provide input and attend all project reviews in line with the business procedures to ensure that there is complete transparency of the status of the project and the financial performance
- Maintain positive relationships with customers and through efficient delivery of the project with a view to optimizing future opportunities
- Ensure technical aspects of the project meet client and statutory requirements
- Support collaborative working with other Business Units within the Actemium Network and the wider Vinci Group
Qualifications and Experience
Apprenticeship/Level 3 NVQ and/or Degree/HNC in relevant engineering related subject – Electrical Engineering
- Proven and successful experience within the Quarry Industries sector as Project Engineer or Project Manager
- Experience of managing Electrical testing Contracts
Applied experience in establishing and delivering multiple concurrent projects
- Experience of mobilizing and motivating teams
Evidence of identifying and controlling projects
Knowledge and Skills
- Sound business and technical acumen, Ideally a time served electrician that has worked in the Quarry Industries Sector
- Working knowledge of NEC3 Contract delivery
Manage project scope by assessing changes of requirements and impact on budget, time and risk
- An understanding of financial / contractual aspects of a project.
- Ability to travel throughout the UK with occasional overnight stays as required
- Project management qualification
- Atex experienced CompEx Certification
Part of the VINCI Energies Group, Actemium provide engineering design, project management, installation and commissioning of electrical, mechanical and IT services in the United Kingdom since 1907. In addition, we provide specialist maintenance operations, fully complemented with accredited safety tests and inspection services to optimise the operational efficiency and safety of our client's equipment and systems. Whilst part of a global network of 300 Business Units, Actemium UK comprises of 7 Business Units covering all of the UK & RoI.