We now have a vacancy in Gloucester for an entry level Support Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity for applicants who want to pursue a career in electrical engineering.
As Support Engineer your role will be to support the experienced Senior Applications Engineer and learn first hand new skills. You will provide support during the tendering phase, design phase and the project managing phase of all projects. With this position you will have be able to develop new skills by working closely with the other engineers around you and opportunities for progression are available.
- Pulling tender packs together ready for submittal to clients.
- Producing general arrangement drawings and schematics using AutoCad (training would be provided for the right candidate).
- Ordering of parts and equipment
- Issuing of drawings for manufacture
- Organising transportation when necessary for delivery
- Producing final documentation for project
- Its is NOT essential to have an ONC or OND in Electrical engineering or equivalent technical discipline but this would be advantageous, however for the right candidate this could be provided
- Familiar with LV Switchgear, motor control principles and control panel design, would be a benefit.
- Excellent communications skills, must be able to communicate at all levels.
- Calm professional manner, but must have a good sense of humor.
- Positive "can do" attitude. With good attention to detail.
- Able to work extended and/or unsocial hours to the full requirements of the role
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Microsoft Office skills/experience a must (Outlook, Word, XL and Powerpoint)
- AutoCad experience would be beneficial, but not essential as training would be provided for the right candidate
Please be aware before applying this is an entry level role.
Part of the VINCI Energies Group, Actemium provide engineering design, project management, installation and commissioning of electrical, mechanical and IT services in the United Kingdom since 1907. In addition, we provide specialist maintenance operations, fully complemented with accredited safety tests and inspection services to optimise the operational efficiency and safety of our client's equipment and systems. Whilst part of a global network of 300 Business Units, Actemium UK comprises of 7 Business Units covering all of the UK & RoI.