The Rail Project Engineer will be responsible for overseeing multiple projects concurrently including larger multi-faceted projects from conception through to completion; ensuring that the project meets the requirements and expectations of the customer. The Project Engineer is fully accountable for the successful delivery of the project.
- Demonstrate health and safety leadership to ensure that health and safety is prioritised throughout all project activities
- Directly manage all aspects of the project lifecycle from initial opportunity creation through to customer acceptance.
Rigorously manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed time, cost and quality parameters
- Ensure accurate financial forecasting and provide ongoing reconciliation of resources and other project related expenditures using the Vinci Energies Quartz methodology
- Lead, motivate and coordinate the project delivery team and escalate any unresolved performance issues
- Ensure that all operational activities are carried out in compliance with internal procedure and external legislation governing business operations
- Identify and manage new business opportunities and work in conjunction with business development to participate in bid activity as required
- Act as main communication conduit with the customer and internal stakeholders
- Provide input and attend all project reviews in line with the business procedures to ensure that there is complete transparency of the status of the project and the financial performance
- Maintain positive relationships with customers and through efficient delivery of the project with a view to optimizing future opportunities
- Ensure technical aspects of the project meet client and statutory requirements
- Support collaborative working with other Business Units within the Actemium Network and the wider Vinci Group
Qualifications and Experience:
- Apprenticeship/Level 3 NVQ and/or Degree/HNC in relevant engineering related subject – Electrical Engineering
- Proven and successful experience within the rail infrastructure sector as Project Engineer or Project Manager, with applied experience in establishing and delivering multiple concurrent projects
- Experience of managing Electrical testing Contracts
- Understanding of Network Rail PTS operational regulations.
- Understanding and knowledge pertaining to the preparation and use of
- ail orientated “Work Package Plans” & associated “Task Briefing Sheets”.
- Understanding of Rail environment Contractor responsible Engineer (CRE) duties and responsibilities.
- Understanding of Network Rail design submission processes (Grip/Form Stages).
- Working knowledge of NEC3 Contract delivery
Manage project scope by assessing changes of requirements and impact on budget, time and risk
- Ability to travel throughout the UK with occasional overnight stays as required
- Committed to promoting a positive health and safety culture
- Full UK Driving License
- Personal Track Safety (PTS) accreditation including AC/DC & ICI Desirable (Training can be given)
Atex experienced CompEx Certification
Trackside possession management and operation methods.
Part of the VINCI Energies Group, Actemium provide engineering design, project management, installation and commissioning of electrical, mechanical and IT services in the United Kingdom since 1907. In addition, we provide specialist maintenance operations, fully complemented with accredited safety tests and inspection services to optimise the operational efficiency and safety of our client's equipment and systems. Whilst part of a global network of 300 Business Units, Actemium UK comprises of 7 Business Units covering all of the UK & RoI.